System for the management of all criminal offenders in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
VADOC's 12,000 employees used 16 different legacy systems on a daily basis for the management of over 75,000 offenders in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
VADOC required an integrated management system to replace the already existing applications and to interface with 21 external applications of the Commonwealth, various police forces and administrative services
In October 2007, Abilis Solutions became the sole delivery team responsible for the entire project.
This in-progress 24-month project, being delivered in five main phases, provides a solution built on Microsoft’s .NET architecture. The new centralized solution guarantees data integrity and allows all users to access reliable and complete information in a highly secure environment.
- One system for all users
- Enhanced quality and integrity of data which is now in real time, centralized and more up-to-date
- Reduced maintenance and operational costs by decommissioning 16 legacy systems
- Gene M. Johnson, Director
Virginia Department of Corrections
- Designing and building a secure and scalable infrastructure that meets all functional and technical requirements as specified by the client
- Integrating all existing third-party systems and transfering all data from existing systems
- Preparing, training and coaching all users of the new system
- Maintaining and supporting all production activities
Technologies and partners
- Microsoft’s .NET (ASP.NET and C#)
- SQL Server
- BizTalk Server
- Team Foundation Server
- Browser client (HTML, CSS)
- Windows Server 2003