Audit of deviating projects and delivery of a new Government To Citizen (G2C) portal.
In 2005, three main projects were running into difficulties (VendRep, Enrolment, SSA), with a fourth project, PARIS, ready to start.
These systems, used by all civilians, business partners and vendors, were all running on different platforms, requiring multiple IBM WebSphere Portal licences.
Abilis Solutions audited the projects and made technical, functional and organizational recommendations to the OSC. Abilis Solutions also suggested the integration of all systems on the same platform.
A new portal, managing payroll and retirement plans for all New York State’s public servants was developed. Additionally, Abilis Solutions implemented and supported the new enterprise framework integrating all G2C applications of the OSC ( http://www.osc.state.ny.us )
All projects have since been successfully launched with new releases currently being developed.
- A common infrastructure for all systems, reducing the number of IBM WebSphere Portal licenses
- A single point of access for all systems
- A user-friendly interface
- Creating and supplying the Best Practices document for portal development and on-going support.
- Developing the portal integrating all systems.
- Creating and providing a portal restructuring document for the architecture and governance of the solution.
- IBM WebSphere Portal 5.1